Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Batman & Robin

Ok so, I wasn't happy with the OTHER sketch as my Batman & Robin entry.  I definitely dug much deeper for this piece.  Batman & Robin leaping outta the Batmobile!

And the media difference (ink vs. pencil) is very much noticable.  I bought a Faber-Castell Pitt brush marker, quite a famous tool in the comic book and graphic fields, but I had yet to try.  I liked its ease of use for sure (spotting blacks has always been difficult for me, this helps negotiate with your fear of "wrecking it").

Batman & Robin is the comic of Bruce Wayne and his SON Damian Wayne working out the dynamic of being crime-fighting partners and having family drama. Written by Peter Tomasi and Drawn by Patrick Gleason

11x17. Pencil & Ink

CLICK IMAGE TO BIG-IFY AND SEE DETAILS BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment